.961 THE MICHIGAN DAILY
and departments have their own
libraries, three of the largest and
well-known are the law and medi-
cal libraries and the William L.
The law library is located in the
Law Quadrangle and is used al-
most exclusively by legal students.
Its more than 250,000 tomes in-
clude complete sets of case books
and most of the authoritative texts
written on law. The works are
generally used in the building for
reference but a limited circulation
section is maintained. Private
lawyers are also welcome to use
The medical library moved from
the General Library to the Kresge
Research Bldg. in 1955 and has
increased its number of hours per
week from 80 to 93 in the last
four years due to the heavy de-
mand on its volumes.
Increased use has also necessi-
tated the addition of six clerks
and five trained librarians in the
past year, as well as a number
of part-time student assistants.
The library contains over 127,000
books. The large staff is also ,nec-
essary because the medical library
operates on a closed stacks sys-
tem, unlike the General and Un-
dergraduate Libraries, w h i c h
-means that staff personnel must
locate and bring a book to the
student who requestsmit.
The William L.. Clements Li-
brary is as impressive on the inside
as its marble facade is to the out-
A well-kndwn sight to Univer-
sity students, this library is dedi-
cated to American history, espe-
cially history of the Revolution-
ary War. Clements gave the money
for the beautiful building and his
own collection of over 10,000 vol-
umes on the subject to the Un-
versity in 1923.
Since that time, the University
has received many books and doc-
uments which now make. it one
of the finest in the country. Espe-
cially notable is its collection of
materials and original manu-
scripts of the naval operations
during the Revolution. ffl
Headquarters for the lovely and
practical things yiu desire as
gifts. You will find Wedgwood,
Spode, Jensen, and the finest
craftsmen's items in our shop.
Phone NO 8-6779
* 601 East Liberty
Students .. .
welcome to Ann Arbor,
RAMSAY PRINTERS, Inc.
well equipped to take care of your
UGLI STUDY-Students use the Undergraduate Library (or
UGLI, as it is known on campus) for studying as well as for
coffee breaks and study dates. Among its varied facilities is'
the reference file, containing pamphlets and clippings on hun-
dreds of subjects, which is open to students at all times.
r Poste rs
of all kinds
Ramisay Printers, Inc.
STATIONERS - PRINTERS - ENGRAVERS
119 E. Liberty-- Phone NO 8-7900
CENTER OF CAMPUS--The General Library is located in the heart of the main campus facing
the Diag. It contains ten, floors of books,, microfilms, magazines and documents, and a rare book
room as well.
312 South State
1203 South University
Desk Book Racks
with zip-off corduroy case
.",:;;:;.:. }.,t . t :"f: r,:':}7?.:'
MANY - COLO"f1:RS AVAe.t;,.;::IABLE.
DESIGNED TO HOLD
Large Floor Model
and India Madras