THlE MICHIGAN DAILY
UTT iI' lW 4Z TI A V A'PT? TT 01 18 C,!
INLV L SlAY, AFRIL 7, 195
. .. .. . . :
I Michigras Workers End Preparations
Central committeemembers of
the 1954 Michigras, headed by co-
chairmen Gretchen Meier, '54, and
Harold Abrams, '54, wind up six
months of planning and prepara-I
tion as the bi-annual carnival andI
parade opens today.
Abrams is a member of Zeta Beta
Tau fraternity, while Miss Meier is
affiliated with Delta Gamma so-
Kling, '55, who is affiliated with a member of Phi Gamma Delta,
Kappa Sigma. is in charge of concessions.
Rfreshment committee chair- The prizes committee is direct-
men are Dianne Young, '56, a ed by Sally Fernamberg, '55Ed, a
member of Alpha Xi Delta, and member of Alpha Phi sorority, and
Dave Arnold, '55BAd, a member Jerry Prescott, '56, affiliated with
of Theta Xi. Bob Knutson, '56, Sigma Chi fraternity.
TO SUIT YOUR TASTE
8 barbers to serve you
715 N. University
--- ------- - -
FLOOR. PLAN-The diagram shows the arrangement of booths in Yost Field House this weekend.
Below is a list of the booths, and their sponsors, according to the numbers on the diagram. The Field
House will be opened to the public at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The carnival will last until 1 am.
SECRETARY of this year's
Michigras is Beverly Falk, '56, a
member of Sigma Delta Tau so-
rority, with Carles Skala, '55BAd,
a member of Kappa Sigma frater-
nity, in charge of finances.
Organizing the 38 booths at
Yost Field House are Barbara
Burstein, '55SM and Bob Gollow,
56. Miss Burstein is a member
of Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority,
and Gillow is a member of Beta
Theta Pi fraternity.
Balloons, hats, skits and Michi-
gras napkins were some of the
publicity stunts under the direc-
tion of Peg Schaible, '54BAd, a
member of Alpha Xi Delta, and
Tod'd Leif, '56, who is a member
of Zeta Beta Tau.
Betsy Sherrer, '55, and Barney
Helzberg, '56, are in charge of
programs. Helzberg is a mem-
ber of Zeta Beta Tau and Miss
Sherrer is affiliated with Kappa
Supervising ticket sales are
Joyce Lane, '56, a member of Al-
pha Epsilon Phi, and George
SPEC IAL PRICE
THLE SHOE BOX
Carnival To Feature Skill,
how Refreshment Booths
1. Mosher-Cooley... "Pin the Tail on the Tune"
2. Delta Delta Delta-Alpha Tau Omega. . . "Swan Legs"
3. German Club. . "Pfefferkauchenhaus"
4. Alpha Delta Pi-Sigma Alpha Epsilon. . "The Son is Green"
5. Delta Upsilon-Collegiate Sorosis. . "Are You a S o c i a l
6. Pi Beta Phi-Phi Delta Theta. .. "Gone With the (south)
7. Newberry-Gomberg. . . "Showboat"
8. Alpha Epsilon Pi... "Take-A-Pik"
9. School of Public Health... "Strength Test"
10. Alpha Omicron Pi-Phi Kappa Tau... "Cotton Candy"
11. Vaughn-Lambda Chi Alpha... "It's in the Book"
12. Chi Psi-Chi Omega. . . "House of Horrors"
13. Sigma Phi Epsilon-Alpha Chi Omega. . . "Simple Simon
14. Huber House... "The Corn Popper"
15. Allen-Rumsey-Chicago House... "Tales of a Spouse, Specific"
16. Delta Tau Delta-Alpha Phi... "Loop a Phi"
17. Kappa Kappa Gamma-Theta.Xi... "K-XI Cafe"
18. Kappa Sigma-Alpha XI Delta. .. "Weird Faces"
19. Michigan Dames... "Treasure Island Inn"
20. Beta Theta Pi-Kappa Alpha Theta... "Beta Burlesque"
21. Alpha Delta Phi-Alice Lloyd. .. "Skeet Ball"
22. International Student's Association. . "Glacier Globe"
23. Williams House. . "Hole In One"
24. Gamma Phi Beta-Chi Phi . "Crow's Nest"
25. Psi Upsilon .. "Fish-A-Ball"
26. Phi Kappa Sigma-Jordan . . "Swamp Jungle"
27. Newman Club. . . "Shater a Platter"
28. Sigma Delta Tau-Sigma Alpha Mu . . "Illuminate Your A-
29. Pi Lambda Phi .. "The Wind And the Whirlwind"
30. Prize Booth
31. Delta Gamma-Sigma Chi . . "Michigras Downs"
32. Tau Delta Phi.. "U-Bang-I"
33. Phi Gamma Delta . . "Michibust"
34. Evans Scholars-Geddes House-Henderson House . . "War
Thru the Ages"
35. Betsy Barbour-Taylor House .. "Going Through the Arb"
36. Alpha Epsilon Phi-Zeta Beta Tau. . "Beat the Ball"
37. Tyler House-Delta Sigma Phi .. "Wet Your Whistle"
38. Delta Kappa Epsilon .. . "Pitch A Penny"
39. Alpha Gamma Delta-Sigma Nu ... "Hawaiian Terrace"
40. Adelphi-Phi Delta Epsilon ... (outside)
Ann Arbor residents will be able
to tune in the Michigras Parade on
their television sets, according to
the University of Michigan Tele-
Two cameras and three micro-
phones will be stationed at May-
nard and Liberty, beginning the
hour-and-a-half long telecast at
Authorized by the Speech de-
partment and University of Michi-
gan TV, the broadcast will feature
a running narration and descrip-
tion of the parade with its 70-odd
units, given by Paul Herlinger,
Chuck Broadhead, program co-
ordinator for the University and
WPAG-TV, produced and directed
1 17 South Main
__ - _ i
The Cream of
Ame can Cottons!
"miracle fabric"! And the
cream of the crop is Air-
They are cool, have a
luxurious texture, wash
Airman's talented tailor-
ing, they're the perfect
Sports Shirt. Come in-
and see the cream"
TICE & WREN
(/UA3 Ar en
1107 b. University Ave.
Opposite A. A. Bank on South .
Store Hours 9:00-6:00
PHONE NO 3-4046
H I LLPARK
BEAUTIFUL - MODERN
with PRIVATE BATHS
Near Ann Arbor - Corner of
Expressway and Michigan Ave,
CALL YPSILANTI 4415-W
..v , .
1 ' +
> :# .
., , :>
. . . inbea/able n) Ion [ricot slij value
... ai-erage and tall proportioned lcngths
in the opaqe nl on ou'v e
been wanting . . . permam'ntl y
Pin-plealed tricot trin with insertions
of matching Val lace. In white, petal
pink or black. Both lengths in si-es
32 to 4O Q. .,Both,
MAIN AT LBEKRTY ANN ARBOK
Only the finest quality at prices that are fair
12 miles S.E. of City Limits
Call NO 3-4166
___ . ' i'
If you are through with those
textbooks you used last year
or last semester .. .
sell them to
F LLETT'S i
for $$ CASH $. and
spend it at the MICHIGRAS
Read and Use
THE OXFORD PINK
as originated by
GORDON OF PHILADELPHIA #
Tailored with natural lines in this season's
view conversation color for a new correct-
ness in lightweight sun ner wear. 2
PAlso in charcoal brownz, oxf ord, and
DENIM SLACKS . . . $7.50 .
C I/) .)
ARMY TYPE -- KHAKI
NAVY TYPE - GREY
$2.99 and Up
Figure flattery in this cap sleeve charmer.
Pl'eated bodice, high Empire waist, deep
pleated skirt. Gold, scarlet or blue flowers
on white honeycomb pique.
Sizes 10 to 18.
II = III