10B - The Michigan Daily - SPORTSMonday - Monday, March 11, 1996
Ule Mtdtigan~tIlg and .
1996 NCAA B
9. Eastern Michi an RCA Dome
5. Mississippi State Match 14 & 16
13. Princeton Rupp Arena
6. Indiana Lexington, Kentucky"
March 22 & 24
11. Boston College
3. Georgia Tech8
14. Austin PeayQ
7. Temple ando, Fla. 50.
March 15 & 17
2. Cincinnati 36.
15. UNC-Greensboro Saturday, March 30, 1996
East Rutherford, NCJ.
1,.Purdue_61Monday, April 1, 1996
6 East Rutherford, N.J.
16. Western Carolina
9. Clemson University Arena
Albuquerque, N.M. 51. Total Points
5. Memphis March 14 & 16 (tlebreakder)
4. Syracuse 38
13. Montana State wMcNichols Ar
22 & 24
14. Valparaiso"- University Activities Center
. Tempe, Ariz. 52.
March 15 & 17
10. Santa Clara
15. South Carolina State
er 10 Free Pizzas for the best rediction
h .Iv u#fnish in first placeou win 10
-4 -.large one-topping Cottage Inn pizzas -
Central Florida 10 FREE PIZZAS! If you finish in
8. Bradle second, you get absolutely nothing. "
What It Costs
Civic Center 9. Stanford Absolutely nothing. Zilch. Zero.
53. Providence, R.T P
March 14 & 16 5. Penn State How To Play
19, There are two ways to play. The easy-
42.12. Arkansas way is to fill out the winners of all 63
4. Marquette games on this very piece of newsp
20"Also, pick the total pointso o
teams in the champi ame.
5913. Monmouth Then, bring this esheet of paper
Atlanta 6. North Carolina with ypur-name and telephone number
March 21 & 23 onit to the sports desk of the second-
21.floor offices of The Michigan Daily, 4
11. New Orleans Maynard, right next to the Stu
3. Texas Tech Activities Building. Then yo n go
home and become one with your
22" television set for three weeks and hope
Richmond Coliseum 14. Northern Illinois your teams pull it out for you. The
54 RichmondVa.second way to play is slightly more
23. involves much less energy. First, fill
out the form. Second, send an e-mail
4410. Kansas State message to daily.contest@umlch.
2. Georgetown with the winners of all the ga
NationalSemifinal24numerical order as labe is page
(ie. 1. Connecticu e, 3.
Saturday, March 30, 1996 15. Mississippi Valley St. Mississippi St - c.) Again, make
Meadowlands Arena sureyo de your name and phone
East Rutherford, NJ. nuntet' Then you can sit at home and
H~i W s' Pry for pizza.
62 Midwest ow To Score
You get one point for each correctly
25. picked first-round winner, two for each
16. San Jose State second round winner, four for each
458. Wisconsin-Green Ba regional finalist, eight for each
semifinalist, 16 for each finalist and
\ 26. for the champion. (Maximum points:
Reunion Arena 9. Virginia Tech 192.) But here's the catch: If you pick
Dallas the champion and the exact number of
March 14 & 16 5. Iowa State total points in the final, you get 21.4
27, extra points. Why 21.4? Why not? If
there is a tie, the entrant closest to
412.C the actual number of total points will
4. Utah get the pizza, and the other entrants
28.can huddle together and weep quietly.
The Metro \13. Can isius When To Enter
6e."6.iLneapvlis All entries must be taken into the Daily
c21& 23 by 5 p.m. Wednesday or e-mailed to
29. email@example.com by 10 a.m.
11. Tulsa Thursday.
3. Villanova The Rules
One entry per person. Employees of The
yCenter14. Portland Michigan Daily and Cottage Inn and
56. Milwaukee their immediate families may not enter.
March 15.& 17 7. Michigan The Daily reserves the right to
31disqualify any contestant in the event
of an illegal entry. .
2. Wake Forest Any Questions?
If so, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
32with the subject "question" or call th,
15. Northeast Louisiana Daily at 77.3336. Capiche?
JONATHAN BERNOT and MICHAEL ROSENBERG/Daily
What You Can win
$%000,000 IN CASH AND PRIZES!
* Compete on the League Level (25 teams per
league), Divisional Level (6 divisions in U.S.)
and National Leve.:
P rizes include:
- Dodge Viper"
- 13 Dodges Trucks (new contest every other week)
- Trips .to the 1996 All-Star game and
- Satellite dishes " Big Screen TV's
- Sports memorabilia and merchandise
- And much, much more
How to Play
* Use the Manager's Phone Card from MCI to call
and play the game.
* Each team consists of 18 players -
6 pitchers (3 starters + 3 relievers), a player
at each of the eight fielding positions, an extra
OF, 2 extra IF and an extra catcher.
' See "Scoring Formula" below.
* All teams restricted by salary cap.
" You can make up to two "roster changes"
" Scores and standings updated daily -
available by phone, fax or mail service.
" Complete details in game books.4
What You'll Rocelve for $99.95
-Includes Entry to '96 Fantasy Baseball
* Soft shelled Arctic Zone* tote cooler.
* Fanatics Only shirt and baseball cap.
* Stats Book frorn STATS, Inc
('95 Stats, '96'Projections).
* MCI / FOX Sports Pager Certificate.*
* Game book with league rules, player rosters,
salary cap info and line-up cards.
How toj oin
Manager's Phone Card from MCI with one hour
free phone time - for exclusive use with Fanatics
" Access to STATS, Inc! Baseball Info Line.
* Call the 800 number below and pay just
$9995 plus $995 S & H for an entiresason of
baseball fun. We'll rush you your fant a kit
* NO HIDDEN COSTS and NO CHARGE
FOR ROSTER CHANGES.
* Join with friends and compete against them
* Fantasy League Commissioners - call
(800) 215-1660 "Commissioners Only Hotline"
about discounts for entering your entire, league.
SINGLE 1 SHUT OUT 3