Helping people stay at home & healthier longer
30 percent either provide or pick them up
from daycare twice a week. This leaves a
whole population of grandparents missing
The question then becomes just how much
does this other 34 percent of grandparents
want to be near their grandchildren? And
should they sell their home and move cross
country to make it happen?
A lot of factors come in to play at this
point, including whether the grandparents
are currently retired, and whether the adult
children are likely to be permanently based in
their present location.
An important checklist for grandparents to
consider before they move includes:
• How important are the decades of roots
you have put down in your hometown?
• If not retired, what are your job prospects
in another city/state?
• How willing are you to leave beloved fam-
ily and lifelong friends?
• Which adult child/grandchildren should
you move closest to?
• Will your children's careers likely move
• What about your doctors?
• Will you live independently or with your
adult child's family in a multi-generational
home, combining incomes and being
there for the grandchildren daily?
• Can you handle the expense of relocating?
• Can you handle the weather in the new
When you work through these and other
questions, consider the pluses of living near
• Intimately interact and watch them grow
• Attend their school functions, ballgames,
• Build memories to last their lifetime.
A full service home care agency
providing quality assisted living
in your own home.
• Live-In or Hourly
• No minimum hours
• Complimentary Assessment
• Ongoing Care Coordination
• All employees are bonded & insured
Caregivers Assist With:
• Medication Reminders
• Safety Monitoring
• Bathing & Dressing
• Kosher Prepared Meals
• Skilled Care
visit us online • arcadiahomecare.com