Good For America?
Good For Jews?
What Should The Next President
And Congress Do About Immigration?
Dr. Stephen Steinlight is available to address your group about these urgent questions*. He is Senior Policy
Analyst at the Center for Immigration Studies and former Director of National Affairs and Senior Fellow at the
American Jewish Committee.
The current state of immigration in America:
• Both Presidential candidates are "ignoring immigration or lying about it to voters" (New York Times lead
• The ICE raid on the largest kosher meat processor in the U.S. is a wake-up call to the Jewish community
• America's borders are porous and our national security and sovereignty are threatened
• Some 12 million illegal immigrants of unknown identities, whereabouts and intentions reside in the
• The last seven years have witnessed the highest immigration in U.S. history, and more than half are
• The U.S. population will grow by 167 million by 2060**, a number equal to the combined current
populations of Great Britain, France and Spain. Increased immigration accounts for 82% of the total
• Most Americans believe fixing our broken immigration system is one of the most urgent tasks facing our
• The Executive Branch and Congress have abdicated responsibility for immigration policy
Among the questions Dr. Steinlight will address are:
• What immigration policy is best for American national security?
• What immigration policy is best for American social cohesion?
• What immigration policy best reflects American and Jewish values?
• How does immigration affect the nation's demography, economic and social justice issues?
• How does immigration affect the environment, global warming and our quality of life?
• What U.S. immigration policy is best for Israel's security and pursuit of peace?
• What are the positions Obama, McCain and Congress have taken on immigration issues?
AMERICAN JEWS - ALL AMERICANS - MUST KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND JOIN THE DEBATE.
Call 202-466-8185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book Dr. Steinlight.
*There is NO FEE for this talk at synagogues, churches or other not-for-profit organizations.
**Based on projections by the Center for Immigration Studies.
Dr. Steinlight's professional
background and accomplish-
ments also include:
• Co-author, "Fractious
Nation: Unity and Division
• Co-author, "Children of
Abraham: An Introduction
to Islam/Islamism" (KTAV)
• Former Vice President,
National Conference of
Christians and Jews
• Former Director,
United States Holocaust
• Former Executive Director,
• Fellow, National
Endowment for the