SYNERGY IS A HAPPENING. SYNERGY IS CHOICES. SYNERGY IS SPIRITUALITY.
SYNERGY IS SHABBAT AT A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. SYNERGY WORKS!
This month we are honored to welcome
FRIDAY EVENING SHABBAT EXPERIENCE
* 5:30 p.m. - Limud Shabbat
dedicated to prayers for peace
* 5:45 p.m. - Shabbat Shaboom; dinner to follow
* 6:00 p.m. - SHABBAT ROCKS Service
* 7:00 p.m. Childcare until conclusion of adult program
7:45 p.m. Pandora's Puppets
* 7:15 p.m. - Casual Shabbat Buffet
* 8:00 p.m. - Senator Levin:
Defending Democracy: At Home & Abroad
SHABBAT MORNING AND AFTERNOON
* 8:30 a.m. - Talmud Study with Rabbi Daniel Nevins
* 9:00 a.m. - Traditional Service
* 9:30 a.m. - Shtiebl Minyan
* 10:15 a.m. - Drop-off Youth Services
* 10:30 a.m. - Yoga & Yiddishkeit, Jr.
(for children at least 4 and their parents)
* 10:30 a.m. Judaism & the Draft: When We Must Fight
(for 5th-7th graders and parents)
* Enhanced Kiddush following Services
IN MICHIGAN AND AROUND THE WORLD
1 , 1 i hi
FOR DINNER RESERVATIONS,
PLEASE CALL 248-851-5100.
OR DOWNLOAD AN INVITATION FROM
SENATOR CARL LEVIN
will be the
guest speaker on Friday
evening, May 18, at Adat
Shalom Synagogue. He will
headline Adat Shalom's May
SYNergy Shabbat weekend.
At 8 p.m., following a
Shabbat Buffet Dinner,
Senator Levin will address
the congregation on:
Defending Democracy At
Home and Abroad
Carl Levin is the chairman
of the Senate Armed
Services Committee, where
he has earned a reputation as
a strong supporter of our national defense and an
effective waste fighter. He was an early and consistent
advocate of efforts to prepare the American military to
combat terrorism and other emerging threats of the
post-Cold War world. Senator Levin has been a strong
advocate on behalf of our service men and women.
In an editorial about Carl Levin, the Detroit News
wrote, "He has been above reproach personally and has
stuck to his principles, even when they were unpopular.
Principled leadership, no matter what political ideology
it comes from, is sorely needed in Washington."
A FEW OF THE WORDS MICHIGAN NEWSPAPERS
HAVE USED TO DESCRIBE CARL Lavrt:
A thoughtful, probing lawmaker (Barns CREEK ENQUIRER)
Personal ethics and love of public service that are
unmatched CPEToss:Er Naws Rasvisw)
Effective, determined leader
The Senate's wise counsel on the nation's most
precipitous issues (LAMING STATE JOURNAL)
May 10 • 2007