Friend of Israel
For twenty-eight gears,
has stood by Israel.
Now it is time to stand by
Jim Blanchard on August 6th.
* Since the time he represented us in the United States Congress, through
serving as Governor and Ambassador, Jim Blanchard has been a loyal and
unwavering friend of the State of Israel.
lir As a U.S. Congressman for eight years from Oakland County, Jim Blanchard
v- voted and supported every resolution, bill and measure in support of Israel,
often leading the effort.
* Jim Blanchard was the only Michigan member of the President's Commission
v- on the Holocaust and the first Michigan member of the United States
Holocaust Memorial Council.
* As Governor, Jim Blanchard made Michigan the first state in the nation to
buy State of Israel bonds.
* As Chair of the National Democratic Platform, Jim Blanchard made sure the
Platform had a strong pro-Israel plank.
* As U.S. Ambassador to Canada and advisor to President Clinton, Jim
Blanchard continued his support for a strong, secure, sovereign and
Remember Jim Blanchard in the
August 6th Democratic Primary.
Jim 11p Blanchard
for GOVERNOR 2002
Paid for by Citizens for Responsible Leadership, 6823 Post Oak Drive, W. Bloomfield, MI 48322, Steven Kaplan, Treasurer