BY PRISCILLA LISTER
You may have chosen a wedding date six
weeks or six months from now. Calendar a
schedule so your wedding will run smooth-
The Woman's Day Book of Weddings
(Bobbs-Merrill) offers a checklist for a six-
week, three-month or six-month calendar.
Modern Bride magazine offers a wedding
checklist when planning six to 12 months
Here are some of the elements to sched-
ule; if you have less time, adjust your calen-
SIX MONTHS AHEAD
• Choose budget.
• Decide on wedding style.
• Draw up guest list.
• Choose attendants.
• Select locations for ceremony and re-
• Arrange with clergy or rabbi.
FOUR TO FIVE MONTHS AHEAD
• Have engagement party.
• Select caterer, photographer, florist and
• Plan honeymoon.
• Visit doctors for physicals and make
TWO TO FOUR MONTHS AHEAD
• Buy gifts for attendants.
• Shop for wedding rings.
• Address wedding invitations.
• Arrange rehearsal dinner.
ONE TO TWO MONTHS AHEAD
• Have final dress fittings.
• Plan accommodations for out-of-town
• Mail invitations.
BEAUTIFUL HEADPIECES & VEILS
The Detroit Area's Largest Headpiece & Veil Collection
• THE PLACE TO START YOUR
• NO ,APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
• RECEIVE GIFTS AND DISCOUNTS i
22213 Kelly (4 blks. S. of 9 Mile) Eastpointe
22 • RRIDES 1 95 • S-11(1Ji:
ONE TO TWO WEEKS AHEAD
• Reconfirm all arrangements and reser-
• Get marriage license.
• Send out newspaper announcement.
• Give bridesmaids and bachelor par-
Recent big weddings the world witnessed
include the Japanese ceremony of Crown
Prince Naruhito and Masako Owada.