The Allied Jewish Campaign-Israel Emergency Fund
challenges you to
TEST YOUR 1982 CAMPAIGN I.G.
1. How many people contributed .to the 1981 Allied Jewish Campaign for humanitarian'
services all over the world?
a ] 6,000
c ] 75,000
What portion of Campaign dollars remained in Detroit to provide local services?
a ] A quarter
b ] All of them
c ] A third
3. How many beneficiaries of the Jewish Welfare Federation are aided through the Allied
c •] 137
What percentage of Campaign funds raised goes for collection costs?
. 5. How many of our fellow Jews were helped last year by the Joint Distribution Committee
with our Campaign contributions?
a ] 4,000
b ] 500,000
True or False:
There are 300 Campaign volunteers this year.
Jerusalem's Beit Hakerem neighborhood is "twinned" with Detroit in Project Renewal,
the worldwide plan to uplift the lives of Israel's disadvantaged.
Ten Jewish communities in the United States raise more money than Detroit for their
If you haven't been called upon to give your share to this year's Campaign, you've lost
your chance to participate till 1983.
At the Allied Jewish Campaign closing meeting on Thursday, May 6, Chairmen Jay
Kogan and Joel Tauber will announce Detroit again has gone over the top.
[b) More than 22,000 Detroiters contributed $18,800,000, plus $1,250,000 as our
1981 share of Project Renewal.
[c] A third was allocated to Federation's 16 beneficiaries in Detroit, including agencies
that serve all of us.
[a] Some 60 Israel, overseas and national agencies and institutions — as well as local
needs — are touched by Federation through its distribution of Campaign funds.
[b] Detroit's Federation has one of the lowest Campaign and collection cost figures of
any institution in the country — 4.6% .
[b] More - than 500,000 persons in Israel and 30 other countries were helped by our
Campaign dollars channeled through the United Jewish Appeal.
6. False. There are more than 2,000 volunteers working at all levels and divisions of the
7. False. Detroit is twinned with the Old City neighborhood of Ramla, an historic city
between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, where Project Renewal has brought new hope to its
8. False. Including the 1981 share of Project Renewal, Detroit has the country's fifth
largest fund-raising Campaign while ranking 1 1 th in size of Jewish population. Of major
cities in the United States, ours is the largest Campaign per capita.
9. False. It's a great time to make your pledge to the 1982 Allied Jewish Campaign. And
you have all year to pay.
10. True. We're going great guns. And if we can count on every member of this community
to do his or her share, there's no stopping us! Call the Allied Jewish Campaign headquar-
ters at the Jewish Welfare Federation — 965-3939 — today and you'll really score!
Allied Jewish Campaign • 163 Madison Avenue, Detroit, M 1 48226 • 965-3939