THE DETROIT JEWISH NEWS
A quiz testing your knowledge about
Jerusalem has been prepared by Tamar
Grand and Dr. A.P. Gannes in obser-
vance of the 10th anniversary of the
reunification of Jerusalem. This fea-
ture has been prepared for the member
papers of the American Jewish Press
Association by the Department of Edu-
cation and Hebrew Culture of the
American Section of the World Zionist
1. Name the authors of two of the following books:
A) "A Beggar in Jerusalem"
b) "The Mountain of the Lord"
c) "Jerusalem Revealed"
d) "Jerusalem. Sacred City of Mankind - A History
of Forty Centuries"
2. In the Middle Ages (and even in modem times)
when violence broke out against Jews. the expression HEP
was used. What does it mean?
3. What monument in Rome was erected in ancient
times to mark the destruction of Jerusalem?
4. What figures and symbols does this monument have
5. What is the Jewish tradition concerning this mon-
6. Name the shrines holy to Moslems which are lo-
cated on the Temple Mount.
7. According to the Moslem faith, who ascended to
heaven from the rock inside the Mosque of Omar?
8. What is the name of the silver-domed mosque fac-
ing the Mosque of Omar?
9. Near the El Aqsa mosque, there is an underground
area once used as stables. What is this area called?
10. What is the Moslem day of rest when their shops •
are closed in the Old City?
11. Who administers the Holy Places in Jerusalem?
12. What was the decision of the League of Nations con-
13. The 1947 UN Partition Resolution gave Jerusalem
a special status. What was it? Was it accepted?
14. Were Jews permitted to worship at the Wall during
the period of the Mandate?
15. In the years 1948 to 1967, Jews were not permitted
to worship at the Wall. Why?
- 16. When did Israeli troops capture the Old City and
17. What was the name of the war that made this
18. After the reunification of Jerusalem, are Moslems
and Christians free to worship at their holy places?
19. What famous artist designed the stained-glass
murals for the synagogue of the Hadassah Medical Cen-
20. What do these stained-glass windows depict?
21. What research center in Jerusalem is named for
an American President? Where is it located
22. Name the American Zionist 'organization respon-
sible for establishing a medical center in conjunction with
the Hebrew University.
The Abrahamites were
a Bohemian judaizing
sect, a product of the
They revered Jewish
Scripture, 'rejected the
Trinity, abstained from
$39 TO $139
WeckBag-- Party-Bar Mitna
All SIZES - 6 To 44
SOUTH WOODWARD (Nr. Maole)
pork, and rested on
Saturday. The group dis-
integrated after 1781.
Sterling Silver and
Solid Gold Anklets
They're more popular than
ever. Each is beautifully
crafted and hung on a chain.
In Silver Top: Any name
up to 7 letters S9.50Center:
Twin hearts 57.50 Bottom:
Plaque. suitabie for engrav-
3 Times Daily
In Gold Top: Up to 3 letters
528.00 each addiz■ona
56.00 Center. Twin hearts
$17,50 Bottom: Plaque.
su , laote for engraving
George Ohrenstein Jewelers Ltd.
Creative Jewelers -
Precision time pieces -Precious atones
\ill Mile & Lnhser
-ustuaf ut JaIll@D IEDIpaN
•Irtriq uoiluziuu2a0 isruoiz s.uawom alp `tTessupuil . zz
1W uo !daluao qatuasau mufti" .s S.LIETT ally 'IZ
. suos sttl uo pantolsaq qoouf s2utssajq aui umoj onsil.re
ut Totdap smopuim aqi lauds' jo sagt.zy aniamd, atu, .0z
lIe2E1-13 3 JUN . 6I
- aonou.id snotnai pue ssaoou aaij 2thpalo.id
puu 2mptnaid kturi saould AToll JO uoipalaid all passud
1assauN °LP L961 'Lz aunt u0 -uoinai Jo wopaaij saal
aouapuadapui jo uonalujoaa s ‘ jau.isT .saA .8T
L96I aunt ul -MA1 SeCI-xIS all 'LI
L96I `1, aunt
. adaqi duislom of palTrumad Tou alas& smar
pue ioJwoo LIEILIE13.10f lapurt SEM Hum aqd, •ON •gT
. aaioj owl Ind
lou puu paldaoou Tou sum 1! !XII° Tutioputualui uy . 8T
. aupsated Jano alupuew qs!ThIET aril panaiddu lI 'ZI
•saouid /clog UAW
S1! 21.1-palswiwpu .ioj amtsuodsaa st uoinad qouE "II
uotuoTos Jo saTquIs
sanbsow usby 13 au-1 puu Nooll aql jo °woo ata . 9
- 41 iT2no.ap Tem oI .lanaN - g
SAW panuisua aui puu trelouavi a 4J . 17
awo-H ut sail" Jo goly atu - C
(paXo.iisap uaaq suq walesruar) “ElipJad Ts3 utuuieso
-aaTH„ splom upul aril JO sluiTun arli alE dal . z
ueLUIJB@d atisoTAI puu NaTiox zcppaj, (P !uipeA
'pa (3 !MEIN intuuftiag ( q !Iasaim ails ( - T
Friday, April 1, 1977 5
Greenfield @ 10 1/2 Mile
HARVARD ROW MALL