March 16, 1973-Supplement to The Jewish News-Page 31
(Continued from Page 30)
IL Economic Development
1. Fivefold growth in over-all production (1950-1970).
2. Threefold multiplication of the number of workers
3. An approximately 40-fold rise in exports (1950-1972).
1. Fivefold rise in farm output (1950-1970).
2. Eightfold rise in agricitural exports (1950-1970).
3. Cultivated areas expand by 150 per cent (1950-1970).
4. Irrigated areas expand sixfold (1950-1970).
5. State planning of 90 per cent of water sources, viz.
the countrywide carrier plan.
1. Twelvefold rise in factory production (1949-1972).
2. Industrial exports up 40-fold (1950-1972).
3. A payroll three times larger (1950-1970).
4. Development of a gamut of modern manufactures.
1. Hundreds of thousands of apartments built for old-
timers and newcomers (1949-1972).
1. Evolution of a mercantile marine of more than 100
ships with aggregate capacity of 1,500,000 tons
2. Setting-up of a national civil aviation line.
3. Laying a highway network over four thousand kilo-
meters in total length.
4. Private cars for 20 per cent of the population (1972),
approximately 300,000 cars against 34,103 in 1951.
M. Society and State
1. Development of an ambience of democratic life and
2. Equal rights for women and minorities.
3. The Law of Return.
2. Excavations at the Western Wall.
and Best Wishes
THE STATE OF ISRAEL'S
PUAL ANTHONY MANZ
FIRST NATIONAL BUILDING